Amy R. Sparks, M.D.
Maureen Parker, APN
Amber Rice, APN
Amy Sparks, M.D.
University of Kansas, 2000
Kansas City, Kansas
Dr. Amy Sparks began her career in Las Vegas after completing her residency at the University of Kansas in 2000. In 2002, Dr. Sparks opened Sparks Family Medicine with the mission of providing patients a traditional family practice health care home.
While growing Sparks Family Medicine from a solo practice to a six provider group, Dr. Sparks sought to maintain the quality of care, patient service and sense of community associated with the "small town" practices that Dr. Sparks remembers from her residency in Kansas.
Dr. Sparks joined a multi-state medical group in 2009 to serve as their Medical Director for Las Vegas. Following the acquisition of this group in 2011, Dr. Sparks returned to practicing at Sparks Family Medicine in 2013. Dr. Sparks is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. She served as Chief of Staff for Summerlin Hospital Medical Center in 2005 through 2006 and has served on the Board of Governors for Summerlin Hospital since 2005.
Dr. Sparks has received numerous patient recognition awards, including:
- Family Practice Top Doctor 2011, (Las Vegas Life Magazine)
- Family Practice Top Doctors 2011, (Las Vegas Seven Magazine)
- Family Practice Nurses' Choice 2007, (Las Vegas Life Magazine)
- Family Practice Top Doctor, 2006, (Las Vegas Life Magazine)
- Top Doctor, 2005, (Summerlin Magazine)
- Family Practice Top Doctors, 2004, (Las Vegas Life Magazine)
For the American Academy of Family Physicians triage protocol for scheduling appointments, click here or click "Quick Tips" above for the link and a detailed explanation of the triage protocol.